Friday, July 6, 2012

Yeah, I still blog!


Yep, I'm still alive!  May and June were pretty busy in crazytown!  There was a trip to Walt Disney World (yay!!!) at the beginning of May and a surgery at the beginning of June (boo!!).  So, I'll go with the happier of the two first:  Vacation photos! We went to Walt Disney World with friends at the beginning of May and it was a blast!!! I mean, absolute blast, maybe me favorite trip ever even!  Points that made this trip rock:
  • It was Flower & Garden Festival (which we've never experienced)!
  • Antonio Ballatore (who I love!) from the HGTV's The Antonio Project was the featured speaker and I got to meet him!
  • I got to run in the Expedition Everest 5k Challenge (and I PRed!- I ran under an 11 minute mile the first mile, that was a first!!)
  • We got to eat at Le Cellier-So good!!
  • We got to enjoy the trip with friends, visit with some far away friends and meet new ones as well!
  • I took some fun portrait photos in Magic Kingdom park!
  • We FINALLY rode Dumbo, I don't think we've ever done it!
  • We got to experience the new Storybook Circus area-Loved it!
  • Got to be in Walt Disney World, doesn't get much better than that!!!
So, without much ado, here are my favorite shots from the trip:

Character shots with yours truly showing my pretty new medal!

Bambi's Butterfly Garden

My Magic Kingdom portrait session with our newly engaged friends Kevin & Allison-I absolutely loved doing these!

Now, a Walt Disney World Photo Tip:
  • Rain is no reason to run inside and hide at any park!  Rain and especially puddles can provide a wonderful opportunity for fresh views of the castle or any details of the park.  I was really eager to try it out and a rain shower one afternoon provided the perfect opportunity for the shot below!  I really like the way it came out!  Try it out next time, but of course, be sure to keep your photo gear nice and dry!














So, thanks for stopping by and I hope you had a great Memorial Day and Independence Day!  More to come soon, I promise!  No more 2 month hiatuses!

No comments:

Post a Comment