Since my surgery, I've made a resolution of sorts about my eating habits: No fast food burgers, tacos, fries, fried stuff, etc and no pizza. Well, I had pretty much kept to that until this past weekend, I started off great Saturday morning with the delicious grilled protein omelet here (which I couldn't even eat half of-I didn't eat the biscuit and only ate half the potatoes), but after hanging with some friends that evening at the local burger joint, I decided to cheat & eat a burger. However, my tummy wasn't so happy that I was eating grease again so my "first post-op run" that was scheduled for Sunday morning got pushed back to that evening.
So, Sunday night, I did it!
I RAN!!! After almost 7 weeks of no running, and only a couple of walks, I ran 2.5 miles (did the Galloway run :30/walk :30 method) and I went slow, just to make sure I didn't injure my now-untrained-legs or my incision sites. I mean I went REALLY slow. Like, I was walking faster than I was running. BUT! I didn't feel any pain from the incision sites or any discomfort and, I can say that 2 days later, I have no soreness either!! Also, even though it was SO hot and humid, it felt GREAT to be hitting that pavement again! Which means that tonight, I'm hitting the road again with a 3 mile goal as well as to try a faster pace!
I'll be sure to report back after tonight and let you know how Run # 2 goes! :)
On another note: I would like to dress in a Disney related costume of sorts for the Disneyland Half soon... Ideas? I'm a big fan of Tron and Tron:Legacy (see my photo below from this weekend!) and think with my new Brooks Pure Connects or Even my Asics that a Tron:Legacy Quorra costume would be fun but all black might get hot really quickly... I dressed as Red Fraggle for the WDW Half this year (although NO ONE knew who she was or that I was trying to look like her FAIL!) and it was fun trying to figure out a costume, so I'd like to do it again. I don't want to be Minnie or any of the princesses, everyone dresses like them. There's nothing wrong with that, but I'd like to err on the side of originality! I'd love to hear suggestions or ideas!
Thanks for reading and I'll be back tomorrow with a run update!


No comments:
Post a Comment